As of version 1.2, WOD supports exporting your workout and personal record logs over email, and importing this data back again via a URL.
- SMTP Host: the host name of your outgoing email server. E.g.,
- SMTP Port: the port number you use to connect to your outgoing mail server. This will probably be 25, 465, or 587.
- Use SSL: select this to turn on secure connections to your mail server (this is highly recommended).
- Username: the user name you use to log in to your mail server.
- Address: the email address you want the logs sent to.
http://wodapp.com/records.json. Then, tap the Import Data from URL entry in the "More" tab.
- First, copy the files
records.jsonto the folder Sites in your home folder.
- Make sure your iPhone or iPod Touch is on the same wireless network as your Mac (this technique will not work over 3G).
- Open System Preferences, and go to the Sharing preference pane, and select Web Sharing.
Ensure that web sharing is on.
- Note the URL that it shows you under the section for "your personal website." You should now be able to access your backup files by the URL
- Enter these URLs into WOD, and select the Import Data from URL entry.
In my example above, I could use
http://192.168.1.5/~csm/log.jsonto import my log.
For both the workout log and the personal records log, the basic format is:
For the workouts log,
"log", and for the personal records log, it is
The workouts log will contain an array of objects that have the form:
The score type number can have the following values:
|2||For repetitions.||Number of repetitions.|
|3||For rounds.||Number of rounds.|
|5||Tabata score.||Tabata repetitions.|
|6||Total score.||Total score (e.g., CrossFit Total)|
The array of records contains objects of a similar form:
If the record kind is 0, then the score type is interpreted as one of the above workout scoring types, and the
wid field will correspond to a workout with the same
wid value in the workouts log.
If the record kind is 1, then it is a movement, and the score type can have the following values:
|1||For weight.||Value is in grams.|
|3||For time.||Value is in seconds.|
|7||For distance.||Value is in millimeters.|
|8||For height.||Value is in microns (10-6 meters).|